Whether you are a local or a visitor, a day on the Tweed and Rous rivers aboard our self-drive pontoon boat is a day that you will never forget.
Blue Ginger Picnics on Water
- People All Ages
Australia’s #1 Outdoor Dining Experience on the Water
Living life outdoors replenishes the mind and body. So when you combine nature, delicious local produce, and a gathering of your favourite people, you convert moments that are often gone in a flash into cherished memories.
Let us take care of your unforgettable meal. Just arrive at your elegant setting on the water and enjoy!
A Blue Ginger Picnic on Water is a fantastic choice for families and friends celebrating a birthday, baby shower, hens night, wedding breakfast, or special milestone. Imagine the excitement when you guest of honour realises you’ve done this for them. Expect hugs, kisses, and sometimes tears as you take in the gorgeous setting and stunning view.
It’s your opportunity to switch off, relax and reconnect with nature, local food, and each other.
The Tweed, which sits in a fertile crater of an extinct volcano, is just 10 minutes south of the Gold Coast and 35 minutes north of Byron Bay. We invite you to take the road less travelled and explore the delicious local produce, stunning landscapes, and reduced crowds that make the Tweed a gourmet traveller’s dream destination.
We’ve taken a quintessential Australian activity, picnicking, and incorporated the elegance and glamour of its historical French roots to create Australia’s number one outdoor dining experience for small groups.
On the water with amazing 360 mountain and river views on board a comfortable and ultra-roomy riverboat.
- A delicious spread of 100% local and seasonal produce (organic where available)
- Select from a Brunch, Lunch, or Sunset menu.
- Vegetarian, vegan, gluten, and dairy-free options available
- Chilled filtered water is provided.
- Feel free to bring your own alcohol (glasses and ice provided).
- We’ve chosen our soothing blue and white nautical-inspired summer setting.
- Kick off your shoes and step onto the cozy handwoven rugs.
- Nestle into the plush velour cushions and take in your beautiful view.
- A recycled barn-door picnic table is set with local hand-built ceramic tableware, stemless glasses, and linen napkins.
- Throws and blankets are provided in cooler weather.
While we’re fortunate to enjoy over 300 sunny days a year in the Tweed, it does rain. A final weather confirmation is conducted the day prior to your booking.
In the event of severe weather, we offer a number of wet weather alternatives such as sheltered locations or creating a setup in your accommodation. If wet weather is predicted for your booking date, a team member will contact you to discuss options.